Monday, June 11, 2012

Pokemon Nails




I recently rediscovered the fun game that is Pokemon, and couldn't help but recreate one of my favorite little critters on my nails. This tutorial will teach you how to design your nails like a Pokemon Master!

You will need: 
- Base coat 
- White polish 
- A plastic bag
- Yellow Polish
- Black Striper / Black nail polish and tooth pick
- White striper / white nail polish and tooth pick
- Red nail polish
- Top coat

As usual, paint a base coat at the beginning to protect your nails.
Paint on two light coats of white polish on all nails.

Sally Hansen - Timeless White

Pikachu Nails:
 I was going to use the plastic bag technique. However, I ran out of time waiting for them to dry and had to quickly freehand them on my nails instead. I forgot to take step-by-step pictures for the freehand ones, though, so I will show the ones I did using the plastic bag technique.
First, paint on little Pikachu shapes roughly the same size as your third fingers and thumbs onto a plastic bag.

Sally Hansen - Lightening

Next, use a black striper to make the eyes and nose.

It's So Easy Stripe Rite - Black 

Fill in the eyes with white.

Sally Hansen - Timeless White

Now use red polish to make the little cheeks.

Kiss Colors - True Red

Let this dry for 1-4 hours, until you can easily peel it off.



Pokeball Nails:
While you are waiting for the Pikachu nails to dry on the plastic bag, finish the pokeball nails.
First, paint the top halves of the pinkies, index, and middle finger nail red. I also did this freehand, but if you don’t have a steady hand or dislike painting with your non-dominant hand, then you can use tape to guide it.

Kiss Colors - True Red

Use a black striper to outline the separation between the white and red.

It's So Easy Stripe Rite - Black

Draw a black dot in the center.

It's So Easy Stripe Rite - Black

Draw a white dot in the center of the black dot.

Sally Hansen - Timeless White


Finishing Up:
Once the Pikachu drawings are dry, carefully peel them off and place them on your thumbs and third fingers.


Cover each nail with a top coat.

L.A. Colors - Base coat / topcoat

And that’s it! I hope you liked having this cute pokemon on your nails!
- Muffin


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!