Friday, September 21, 2012

Nail Art Challenge: Day Seven: Flowers

Day seven! Wow. Time is really flying isn't it? Here's where we are on the ten day challenge:


Flowers! I love flower nail art because there are just so many directions you can go. I usually stick with the usual five-dots-and-one-dot-in-the-middle flower,  but I wanted to try something out of my comfort zone today. And so I give you: My flowers!


Honestly, I'm not sure if there are even any flowers out there that look like this. But oh well, it couldn't be perfect.

I had a little smudging on the polka dots on the pinky - I'd started out with them as leaves, but I didn't like how they looked, so I attempted to turn them into polka dots. If I did this design again I would make the entire background green with the flower on top.


I started out by making three little petals with the dark pink on each finger. I painted with a lighter pink on top of that, added a little more of the darker pink, and outlined everything with black. I also added some yellow dots for the center of the flower because I just felt like it was missing something.


I feel like the tea bag nail patch on my finger was really noticeable in this design. I tried covering it up with a skin-toned polish but it didn't work all that well *sigh*




So for this design I used:
Base coat: Beauty Secrets Ridge Filler
Dark pink: Sinful Colors - Boom Boom 
Light Pink: OPI - Steady as she Rose
Black: Sally Hansen - Black Heart
Yellow: Sally Hansen - Lightening
Green: Essie - Navigate Her
Top coat: Sally Hansen - Strengthening top coat

Thanks for reading, guys! Make sure to see my posts for the next three days by following here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. And of course, don't forget to follow the amazing host of this challenge, Erica's Nails and More, at her blog and on Facebook!
- Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!