Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nail Art Challenge Day Two: Favorite Animal

Happy Sunday, guys! And welcome to my post for day two of the nail art challenge by Erica's Nails and More.


So today's prompt is 'favorite animal.'
If you know me, you know I love elephants. They are so amazing and wonderful and cute and majestic and all sorts of other things. But if you know that I love elephants, you probably also know that I love Pokemon. And what would be better than combining the two?

I did just that with this design. It's of my favorite Pokemon, Phanpy, which just happens to look a whole lot like an elephant.

I really wasn't sure how to approach this design, so I spent a lot of time planning it out. I had a general sort of idea about what I wanted to do, but I used this design design by Adventures in Acetone to help me figure out the shape a little bit. I drew it out a few times on an index card, and then I finally got around to trying it on my nails!

If you've never seen a Phanpy before, this is what one looks like:
Here's where I found this picture

And here are my nails!


I was really worried at first that this would be one of those ideas that totally failed, but I think it went pretty well for my first try. Once the challenge is over I'm going to work on this a bit and see if I can improve it.

Close-up




From another angle.

Even Phanpies (is that the plural?) love cutical cream!

My attempt at being creative for the day.

Here are all of the polishes I used:
Base coat: Beauty Secrets Ridge Filler
Cover-up for the patch on my middle finger: OPI - Passion
Blue: Sally Hansen - Blue Me Away!
Red: OPI - Cajun Shrimp
Black striper: Stripe Rite Black
Top coat: Sally Hansen - Strengthening Top Coat

There you have it! If you'd like to see the rest of my designs for the ten-day nail art challenge, please follow here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. And don't forget to follow Erica's Nails and More on her blog and on Facebook!
Thanks for reading!
- Muffin

2 comments:

  1. Those are ADORABLE. I love them! Pokemon, of course.
    So. darned. cute.
    Blog posts like this make me feel soo un-creative compared to the amazingness of people on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!