Thursday, September 19, 2013

Football Season Nails

Howdy folks! So there goes my post-once-a-week schedule. Woopsies. I really stink at keeping track of how often I post, don't I? Sigh. Anyway, this post is based on a request on my Facebook page - I asked what nail tutorial you'd like to see next, and football season nails were requested! Enjoy! 


This might be my simplest tutorial yet. All you need is a brown polish (any shade's fine - this is actually the only brown polish I have, but if you have a shade that's more like a football, go ahead and use it!) and a white striper. And a base coat and top coat, of course!

Start off with a base coat and paint your nails brown.

China Glaze - Foie Gras

Draw a white line with the striper down the middle of the nail.

Art Deco - White

Finish up by drawing horizontal stripes across the first vertical one!


Oh, did I mention I got a new top coat? My Seche Vite was getting goopy, so I ordered HK Girl. Sooo shiny! I've been having trouble taking pictures of my nails because the shine seems to be too much for my poor camera. I think an overly-shiny top coat is always a good thing, though!

Add a coat of whatever top coat you have over the design and you're all set!




So what team are you rooting for this year? Let me know in the comments! I must admit I don't know much about football, but I come from a long line of Bears fans, so I usually cheer for them when they're on.

I feel like I spend most of my time here talking about nails, and I figured some of you might want to get to know the face behind the nails! I'm going to try starting a "what is Allie up to this week" thingy-ma-doo at the bottom so you all can hear what's going on in my life every so often. Here goes!

- Oh, yeah, I cut my nails! What do you think about the new shape? I'm not sure about it, but I've always told myself I'd try stiletto (or something somewhat close to stiletto) nails at least once in my life, and I chose now! Hooray for new nail shapes! I think I'm going to keep them until Halloween (there are going to be so many options for pointed nails in Halloween season!) and then I'll go back to the usual square shape.
- Legend of Korra came back last Friday! Ahhh! I'm a bit unsure of the different animation and the writing so far, but the season's just begun. I won't judge it too harshly yet! And if it does end up being terrible I can always resort to watching the first season over and over again. I apologize in advance for any random Korra references in future posts!
- And on the same path as shows I've been following, a few weeks ago I started watching Sherlock. Since then, a majority of my time has been spent watching and re-watching episodes, mindlessly scrolling through Sherlock gifs on Tumblr, and fangirling over Benedict Cumberbatch's cheekbones. Oh, and Reichenbach Fall feels. So. Many. Feels.
That's all for today! Because I'm terrible at ending this things, and I just professed my love for the show that is Sherlock, enjoy this gif as a goodbye!

source

2 comments:

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!