Monday, April 30, 2012

Typewriter Nails


I know these cute newspaper nails have been done in bunches of blogs over the past couple of months, but just in case, I thought I'd post a tutorial. Not only are they cute and stylish, but easy enough for even newcomers to the nail art world to create.

You will need:
  • Base/Top coat
  • White nail polish
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Newspaper


Start of with a clear coat. Next, paint your nails with two solid coats of white nail polish.


Let your nails dry completely before moving on to the next step. For this you will need rubbing alcohol, which you can pour into the lid or some other small container. You can find rubbing alcohol almost anywhere - I found this one at Walmart.


You will do each of these steps one nail at a time. First, soak the nail in the rubbing alcohol for 5-10 seconds. 


Next, press on a small piece of newspaper onto the nail and leave it there for a couple of seconds. 


Peel it off. You should come out with a result somewhat like this:


Do this for each nail and cover with a top coat. Here's the finished result!


I hope you enjoyed bringing the typewriter to your nails in this fun design. Thanks for reading, and please post your questions and comments below!
-Muffin


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!