Monday, August 6, 2012

Argyle Nails

Hello, all! Today I'm going to do a tutorial for something I've been wanting to try out for a while. After multiple camera and painting issues, I'm not quite sure if I love how this one turned out, but it's still plenty of fun to do.

You will need:
- Base coat
- white polish
- three different polishes of your choice 
- a black striper
- top coat

Start out with a base coat. Then paint two coats of a solid white on all nails.

Sally Hansen - Hard to Get

Use your three colors to make little triangles on the tips of each nail. I used each of the colors in a random order on each hand. Try to get the point of each triangle in the very center of your nail. You can use two coats, but I used one just because for whatever reason, I really liked the splotchy paint look.

From L-R: China Glaze - Secret Peri-wink-le, First Mate, and Exotic Encounters
Now make a second triangle on each nail, again with the tip of it in the center. You should get a sort of hourglass shape.


Now use your striper to make diagonal lines across the hourglasses, like in the picture.

It's So Easy Stripe-Rite Black

Finish up by painting the rest of the lines. 


And then it's time for cleanup and a top coat!

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial. It's quick and easy and it even matches your favorite pair of argyle socks!
Don't forget to follow! The button is on the top right of the page. You can also 'like' Muffin Nails on Facebook and follow on Twitter.
Thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. oh, i have yet to attempt this look. But i'd probably try it with tape since I don't think I can ever get lines straight. Thanks for the tutorial though! I've nominated you for Liebster Award btw!

    Link here: http://lacqueerisa.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-liebster-award-discover-new-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I actually started out with tape, but the tape just didn't seem to want to cooperate so I ended up just going with freehand. :)

      Delete
  2. This is pretty cool.

    I've tagged you with a Versatile Award. Details are on my blog: nailsbyaklutz.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing the awesome nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute design! I like your nail art!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!