Thursday, August 23, 2012

Swatch/Review: Kleancolor - Chunky Holo Scarlet

Recently I was stumbling around on Copious, and I discovered this beauty. I probably wouldn't have bought it in normal circumstances, but my credits were due to run out the next day, so I had to spend them on something. Cindy Lin has all sorts of wonderful polishes listed, so I suggest heading on over and seeing what she has to buy!

If you don't have a Copious account yet, you can sign up here. The first time you visit, you get $10 in free credits, so it's definitely worth it!



So first, I'd just like to express my love for this polish. It looked magnificent in the bottle, and on my nails I'm even more amazed by it. I've never been particularly impressed by Kleancolor, but after this polish I am devoted. I've never done a swatch before, but I thought that it was just necessary for this polish.

Chunky Holo Scarlet is, like its name suggests, a holo. At first glance the glitter seems red, but you can easily pick up on the oranges and more subtle greens and blues.

On my nails here I applied one, two, and three coats, with a base coat underneath each. One coat is almost enough, but two really makes it solid. I don't think three is necessary at all. Application was a breeze. There was no glitter clumping and the polish glided on wonderfully.



Removal was a snap, even for a glitter polish! It practically glided off for me. This is one of those polishes that is IMPOSSIBLE to get out of your cuticles, however, so avoid flooding at all costs.

The base seems red when on its own, but layer it over another color, and that glitter really gets to shine (get it? Shine? Heh...) I chose to layer it over black, and it's just stunning.


Each wonderful color does come with a setback, however, and for this polish it's the smell. I have never been so disgusted by the smell of nail polish in my life, and I'm pretty darn used to it by now. So I highly suggest using this one in a well-ventilated room, preferably with all windows open and as many fans on as possible.

Even with that small annoyance, this is no polish to pass by. It's a brilliant color that will make you gasp the first time you see it, and it gets even better once it's on your nails.

So thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed my first swatch/review. I'd love some feedback on how I did, so please let me know anything I could do better! I totally forgot this time, so for my next swatch I'll try to take multiple pictures of the polish, such as one with flash and one outside. I'd also like to hear your thoughts on this polish!
If you liked this post, please follow here, on Facebook, and on Twitter!

- Muffin


Note: I wasn't paid to review this product. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!