Thursday, September 25, 2014

ESSC 2014: #Tropical

Hey everyone! It's day 6 of the Endless Summer September Challenge, and the theme for today is Tropical!


Okay, so if you guys hadn't figured this out yet... I really love gradients. So whenever there's an opportunity to do one, you can bet I'm going to take it! For my tropical design, I decided to do a sunset with a palm tree in the foreground. 

(Oh, if anyone's curious, I sort of attempted to do a better, updated version of this very old nail art post). 

Y'all ready for this?

I started out with two coats of China Glaze - Snow to make my gradient pop. 


Wee, it's gradient time! From top to bottom I have Sally Hansen - Perfect Plum, OPI - Cajun Shrimp, and Sally Hansen - Sun Kissed.


Then with my cheap dollar store nail striper, I added the palm tree in black. First I drew the trunk, then the branches coming out of it. I finished up with the leaves and a little island detail on the bottom. I also tried to make the tree extend onto the pinkie nail because I thought it looked kinda funky on its own, but I rather stupidly forgot that the two fingers don't like up right, so... woops.


Time for a top coat!




There ya have it! After this there's only one day left of the challenge.. aww! I'm going to have to do a bit of brainstorming to figure out what I want to do for the last day. Lemme know in the comments if you have any suggestions for that, as well as what you thought of today's design! :)

2 comments:

  1. I like it! The gradient is perfectly done, I love those colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I loveee doing gradients, so I had a great time trying to figure out what colors I should combine for this design.

      Delete

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!