Tuesday, September 30, 2014

ESSC 2014: #inspired by one or more techniques

Hey folks!

Okay, I really hope this isn't cheating, but today I pulled out a design from a month ago I wanted to post but ran out of time for. I've got a lot on my plate right now with college applications and all the crazy stuff of senior year, so I figured this would be a good time to pull out an older design. It still fits the theme, though, because as I did this just as school was really getting into full swing, I thought of it as a goodbye to summer and hello to the rest of the year. 


There's actually a funny story behind this one; it started out as summery flowers, but they completely failed, so in anger I smashed the brush against my fingers. And then I thought... abstract art?


I have seen this kind of design online before as a grunge nail art style, but I thought it was fun to mix it up and make it something very subtle and soft.


My base color is Essie - Navigate Her. I then wiped off the brushes of my other polishes and painted on the remaining color, alternating going horizontally and vertically. The three polishes used for that are Essie - Mojito Madness, China Glaze - Secret Peri-wink-le, and China Glaze - First Mate.


Okay, I'm off! Time to ask some teachers about writing college recommendations. Gotta love senior year, right?

Oh, and this is the last day of ESSC! Aww, who else is sad. I love doing nail art challenges; even if I'm not always happy with what design I made each day, it forces me to step out of my comfort zone a bit and try new things. Thanks soooo much to Fuxia91 and Pedrìnails for making this challenge happen! You ladies are the greatest!

Catch you all later!

1 comment:

  1. It's very nice! I love these colors and how you arranged them to make this cool effect. You did a right thing to repost this nail art in occasion to the end the #essc2014. Me and Vanessa are so glad for your participation to our challenge and for your costancy to join it. If we'll organize other collaborations or challenges in future I hope you'll join us once again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!