Thursday, February 14, 2013

Nail Art Challenge Day Five: Valentine's Day Nails

Happy Valentine's day, everyone! Or, if you're single and lonely like me, happy Singles Awareness day! I'm really excited for today's post, so I'm just going to jump right into it. Enjoy!


And if anyone wanted to see, here's the list of the prompts each day. I can't wait for day 6- gradients are my favorite! But onto today's mani: I chose to do those little candy hearts with the silly sayings on them for my design. A friend of mine actually came up with the idea (Hi, Kathryn!) and I loved it right away, so it's what I ended up going with. Just in case you can't read the nails (I need to work on my nail polish handwriting...), they say from left to right: XOXO, Love you, ILY, and QT Pie. I know, they're all stupid sayings, but I had trouble finding things small enough to fit on a nail.

Close-up

Side-angle


another angle

With the sign

Bottle shot
Taa-daa! What do you guys think? I was going to add a matte top coat but decided against it. I think I should've used it, though - I let someone borrow my regular top coat, and it came back goopy and hard to use. Grr.

The colors I used for this were:
Background pink: OPI - Steady as She Rose
Yellow heart: Sally Hansen - Lightening
Pink heart: OPI - Sparrow Me the Drama
Green heart: Essie - Navigate Her
Purple heart: Essie - Playdate (which was my unused for today!)
Red text: OPI - Cajun Shrimp

That's it! What do you guys think about this mani? Make sure to get updates from my blog by following here, 'liking' on Facebook, and following on Twitter! Don't forget to share the love with Erica's Nails and More by following her, too.


2 comments:

  1. Its really cute! I think a matte finish would be a nice touch to mimic the chalky finish of the candies but I still love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking... I'm kind of sad I didn't use the matte. I was rushing for them to dry, and figured it would take too long with the matte top coat. I should have been patient and just gone with it!

      Delete

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!