Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nail Art Challenge Day Nine: Recreate Your Favorite

So... it's the last day of the challenge. I'm really sad, but kind of glad it's over at the same time, hehe!


Today was recreate your favorite. Pretty much, that's a chance to do a design you really liked, try one someone else did, or redo one of yours you didn't like the first time. I opted for the last choice. My Day Seven design just didn't turn out how I wanted it to, so I decided to try it again. As a recap, I followed Chalkboard Nails' Tutorial on leopard print. Last time, it turned out too dark, so I decided to play it safe this time and use... the exact same colors used in the tutorial! Well, sort of. I didn't have the background blue, so I substituted a gray. So see for yourself how similar (or not) mine is to the tutorial in the pictures!






The polishes I used for this design were:
Base Coat: Beauty Secrets - Ridge Filler
Gray: China Glaze - Pelican Gray
Light Blue: China Glaze - Secret Peri-wink-le
Dark Blue: China Glaze - First mate
Top coat: Seche Vite

And that's it! I hope you all enjoyed following along with me in the challenge. We should (hopefully) get back to a regular schedule of weekly tutorials after this, but I do have some amazing reviews coming up (which I'm not going to say anything about yet!), so stay tuned for that by following here, 'liking' on Facebook, and following on Twitter.  Please make sure to thank Erica's Nails and More for this wonderful challenge, too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!