Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nail Art Challenge Day Seven: Inspired by a Tutorial

Day Seven! Which means... the challenge is almost over (aww!). But we've still got a few amazing days left!


So today is "Inspired by a tutorial." I'd never done cheetah print before, so I decided to use this tutorial by Chalkboard Nails.
It didn't go as well as I expected...
the two colors I chose for my cheetah print looked totally different in the bottle, but looked pretty similar right next to each other on the nail, so the pattern didn't "pop" as much as I wanted. But oh well, we all have designs that didn't work as well as we expected! I think I'll try the cheetah pattern with some fun neons next time.

Anyway, here are the pictures!






The polishes I used for this design were:
Base: China Glaze - Pelican Gray (my unused)
Gray-purple-ish color: Zoya - Kelly
Purple: Zoya - Monica

And... that's it! Tomorrow's challenge should be fun- who doesn't love polka dots! Make sure you see my next post by following  here, 'liking' on Facebook, and following on Twitter. Don't forget to head over to Erica's Nails and More and thank her for the challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!